Lifeguards are the eyes and ears of our beaches. They keep an eye on the water and are there to protect swimmers. The lifeguard is a part of our community that is there for us. Lifeguard recertification keeps the lifeguard up to date with the latest in beach safety and lifesaving.
The Lifeguard recertification Program is administered by the Board of Health and Safety of the State of Connecticut. The program consists of two components: the lifeguard training program and the lifeguard certification program. The purpose of this article is to help you become a better lifeguard. You will learn about the training program, the certification process, the certification testing and the various other facets of lifeguard work.
- A lifeguard must be able to:
- Know the law and obey it
- Be able to perform CPR on victims of drowning
- Be able to rescue a person from drowning
- Be able to protect the public from hazards such as falls, electrical current, and chemical exposure
- Know how to prevent, recognize, and control aquatic emergencies
- Understand the effects of heat on the human body
- Be able to safely and effectively intervene in an emergency situation
- Be able to follow policies and procedures for safety and rescue
- Have knowledge of and ability to recognize any potential water hazards
Basic Areas Of Attention
This article is designed to assist you in becoming a more effective lifeguard. It should be read as a whole and followed in order to achieve your goal of being a competent and safe lifeguard.
There are four basic areas in which we will focus our attention:
- The Training Program
- The Certification Process
- The Certification Testing
- The Lifeguard Work Environment
Let us take a closer look at the above given areas.
- The Training Program is one of the first in basic areas of lifeguard recertification The program is designed to help you achieve your certification. The American Lifeguard Association is accepting applications throughout the year. Please read the information on our website carefully before registering.
- The Certification Process is the second basic area of focus in lifeguard training. It is important that all lifeguards have a basic understanding of this process so they can recognize when someone is not following it and thus they can intervene when needed. This certification process involves an initial assessment and then a series of tests.
The purpose of the certification process is to ensure that all lifeguards who are working with the public are safe, competent, and trained. In order to be certified a lifeguard must pass the required number of tests, obtain the appropriate certifications, and then complete the training curriculum.
- Certification Testing is the third basic area of lifeguard training. Certification Testing for Lifeguards Certification Testing is a process that certifies the Lifeguard that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to work in the swimming pool or other water bodies.
The certification testing helps the Lifeguard to protect the swimmers from drowning and to reduce the risk of drowning in water bodies. The certification testing is also done to prove that the Lifeguard has the required knowledge and skills to perform his/her duties as a lifeguard. The Certification Testing for Lifeguards is mandatory for all Lifeguards working at swimming pools and other water bodies.
- The Lifeguard Work Environment is the fourth basic area of focus in lifeguard training. It focuses on what the lifeguard does and does not do, and what kind of environment he or she needs to be working in.
This section of the lifeguard course focuses on the lifeguard’s ability to protect swimmers from drowning and hypothermia. It includes a number of different sections, such as water rescue, aquatic first aid, and more. This is the final section of the lifeguard course, where you learn the necessary skills to be a lifeguard.
The American Lifeguard Association is one of the best lifeguard training organizations in the US that has been training lifeguards for more than 30 years and has trained over a quarter million lifeguards all over the world.
If you are looking for lifeguard recertification near you or just want to get a lifeguard certification course, then the American Lifeguard Association is just the right place for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us for lifeguard certification courses.